Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFC Import to revit 2017, materials are all grey

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
749 Views, 3 Replies

IFC Import to revit 2017, materials are all grey

Hi all,

My name is Fred, I'm not a Revit expert, I'm pretty much self taught.

I'm trying to work on a project that somebody else generated on Archicad. My task is to just make the render out of this project which is already finished.

I received a IFC file of the project that I can open on my Revit 2017, I can see the projects clearly with no defects, but I don't seem to be able to modify anything on it, like I said, I just need to render this project, so I don't need to change details and or dimensions. But still, it's kind of odd that I can't do almost anything at all with the elements of this small project.

The only information I need to be able to see is the materials that this guy assigned to all the objects. But when I go and render everything is plain grey, including all the windows, they're all just grey surfaces.

I looked around the forums, tried some options I read, such as saving it as .rvt and open it up again, but still, I seem to able to only change very little in the parameters. And even if I'm able to change the "material/finishes" in some of this "anonymous" object that compose the project, everything will still look plain grey when rendering.

When I accepted this rendering job I thought it would have been a relatively easy task to just work on the renders on somebody else Archicad work, but it doesn't look that simple anymore.

Am I doing something wrong on my side when importing this file? Or is the problem perhaps at the other end? I already told the Archicad guy about this issue and he sent another IFC that, he said, "should now work", but I don't see anything different...

Thanks in advance to all the community for the help.

Regards,

Fred

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Make sure the view phase status matches the phase of the elements and the phase status is Show complete.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Hi ToanDN,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I've just checked that. The status of the phase matches the one of the elements, and it is set to "show complete".

That doesn't seem to be the solution to my issue I'm afraid. Thanks for that anyways.

So annoying !!!

Fred

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you ever find a solution for this?? I'm experiencing the same thing in Revit 2022 and can't seem to find any information on it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report