Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFC import issues

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
indiana_j0nes
196 Views, 1 Reply

IFC import issues

I have a very peculiar issue.

One of our consultants uses Planca Nova and provides us with the IFC file.

When I import this IFC into my revit file, the north is off. It appears that the IFC export from Planca Nova exports with True North.

We also use Naviswork to observe and issue resolves to Clashes.

So in Naviswork if I import all the part models (Arch, HVAC, Structure) they all lineup just fine.

The issue arises when I mix the file types, I mean I import a RVT file and then try the IFC from PlancaNova, the elevation is off. the IFC lies way below.

So either way there seems to be something I am missing here.. I really hope someone here can help me narrow down the issue.

here is the link to the same issue I posted to Navisworks Forum https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/navisworks-forum/ifc-import-and-rvt-import-dont-match-in-height/td-p/...

Cheers, K

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I did some further testing.

I imported IFC2x3 in a Revit file it was exported out of, and observed the ifc lies below in elevation.

It appears with IFC4 RV (+Exporting IFC Site) this doesnt happen and the IFC lines-up with the revit file.

Any further ideas?

Cheers, K

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators