Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideal solutions for parametric curtain wall system/louvre?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
1246 Views, 1 Reply

Ideal solutions for parametric curtain wall system/louvre?

Hi all,

I'm working on a high rise apartment project at the moment and there is this balcony glass louvre systems on every apartment runs for 40+ storeys. Please find attached images for reference. Louvre 1.jpgLouvre 2.jpgLouvre Render.jpg

As you can see, I've managed to generate this system with a family that's modelled with 6 vertical columns to have these glass panels to be fixed onto. All of these panels are modelled and draw up one by one. 

Now, I need to find out how to make this into a parametric family/curtain wall system so that I can control which one to open/closed/on an angle. The balcony is generally with a 1.2m glass balustrade with a rail at the back, and the upper parts are 6 vertical bays of pivot glass panels that are operated together each bay i.e. if one vertical bay is closed, all of its panels are closed, as opposed to what's showing in the images above (so that it reduces cost/easier to manage, rather than individual panel).

Any thoughts guys?

Also, this is the first time I'm working on high rise towers that needs to repeat itself for tens of times. How I am currently managing it is that I've created a typical floor in one project and grouped it, then paste them onto every floors. However, this group has make Revit very sluggish, esp. when updating one louvre/balcony, etc. Is there a better way to manage it? I also don't like how you can't save an existing group as a new one, as there are floors different to typical floors and I'l' have to paste these unique floors to its level first, then ungroup it, edit, and regroup as a new group. Once I update a typical floor, I'll have to repeat this process again.. which is really frustrating!

I'll need to make an updated model to re-submit for approval in a week's time. Any good tips would be greatly apprecaited!

Cheers guys! 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: 20719085

Quite a bit to digest, but here it goes:

1. I would treat a "panel" as actually being all 6 of the vertical bays of pivot glass. This should allow you to assign 1 angle parameter to all of the pivot glass at each bay.

2. There isn't much you can do, except maybe isolating the curtain walls in a separate linked file, (has its own issues), or isolating them on its on workset you can close when you don't need it open.

2a. You should be able to right click on a group in your project browser to duplicate and rename a group. Then you can choose an existing group and swap it out with the new one in the properties drop down. They should share the same origin point, so It'll be in the right place.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report