Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID Elements Linked File

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
paolo.campana
258 Views, 5 Replies

ID Elements Linked File

Hi All,

i need to find ID of elements in linked revit file, i used id finder add on until revit 2022, it seems doesn't work in r2023, 

Do anyone have some good suggestions?

Thanks and have a good day

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

A month old post with no replies, sorry.

I know that Revit will not display the ID of an element in a linked file if I use Tab to select the element and then use ID of Selected Element. As such I don't think you're going to find that information is available to you via the host model through the Revit UI. Without programming, you'll need to open the link to inquire what that might be since the GUID is only valid and relevant to elements in that file.

It seems likely to be possible to acquire that information via the API since Revit must do something of the sort with copy/monitor. Internally they do something to keep track of elements in a link.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 3 of 6

Hi Steve, anyway thanks for reply...I found very strange that doesn't definite this simple function so useful in coordination,  moreover that was existing a valid add on- linked Id finder-  but it doesn't work in 2023 and later ...

Message 4 of 6

Submit it to Revit Ideas, include why having such a feature would help you get something practical done.
My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 5 of 6
L.Maas
in reply to: paolo.campana

Dynamo can help. Here a concept

In this case:

-Get alle the (structural column) elements from a linked file

-Input ID you are looking for in the string. Then it creates a 3d View with the element visible (see IfcGUID) if ID available of course.

-Name of the 3DView should not already exist, otherwise it will not work.

-Uses Dynamo packages Rhythm, Archilab and Geniusloci

LMaas_0-1691441711025.png

LMaas_1-1691441806383.png

Of course script can be modified to  show (slightly) different behaviour

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 6 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: paolo.campana

Install Revit Lookup.

ToanDN_0-1691442770339.png

ToanDN_0-1691442920034.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators