Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have no way to access shared Revit 360 files from within Revit 2020

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
daniel.p.wolcott
589 Views, 9 Replies

I have no way to access shared Revit 360 files from within Revit 2020

My group is using worksharing on BIM360. I was sent an invitation to the project and got set up on the BIM 360 web site with the proper permissions. When I open Revit, there is no BIM 360 icon on the home screen. When I try to publish a project under collaborate, the BIM 360 option is grayed out. We are all using the Student Version of Revit 2020. My teammates had no problem accessing the project from BIM 360

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: daniel.p.wolcott

you still need a license for bim 360 as a student this is not available unless your school was selected by autodesk for testing

can you confirm you do have a license of BIM 360?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 10
daniel.p.wolcott
in reply to: DarrenP

I'm able to log into BIM 360 online and see the project and my teammates (also students) are working with the BIM 360 model in Revit with no problem.

Message 4 of 10

you can refer to this LINK and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 10

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, I've been to this page a few times and it doesn't quite address my issue. There is literally nothing showing under Recent Files on the home screen. Not just no files listed, but no BIM 360 icon. I do have full admin permissions to the project on the BIM 360 web site.

Message 6 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: daniel.p.wolcott

post of a screenshot of what your seeing

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

I've attached a screenshot, but I've also done more troubleshooting. I have the same result on my laptop and my desktop, which tells me it's not a problem in my Revit installs, but rather a problem with either my BIM 360 accout or with the Central model.

Message 8 of 10
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

i think you won't be able to see the BIM 360 icon from there, you need to click open, something like this see attached screenshot. thanks

try1.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 9 of 10

The BIM 360 option was removed from the Open dialog in Revit 2020. It now lives under the recent files on the home screen (or it's supposed to).

Message 10 of 10

Problem solved. Apparently my administrator spelled my name wrong. Everything has been fixed and I now have access and am no longer feeling like I'm going crazy. Thanks everyone for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators