Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a problem with 3D cabinet views

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
m_hamad
680 Views, 12 Replies

I have a problem with 3D cabinet views

Hello,

I am currently working on modeling the cabinetry for a kitchen of a residential project that I am working on. I was able to load and edit the cabinetry families, and I was able to view them normally in plan view, my problem is when I switch to 3D view, all the cabinets appear as wireframe, and I cannot select them, I can only do so in plan view

I have checked the VG and there is no override for the cabinets category, and the visual style in 3D is "Shaded view". Can someone please tell me what might be the problem? I am currently stumped.

I will attach a picture of the cabinets in 3D view in my own project, compared to when loaded into a new file, where they appear normal in 3D view. Thank you in advance for your help everyone.

Labels (5)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
barthbradley
in reply to: m_hamad

Post the family

...actually, can you post that Project (RVT)?  

Message 3 of 13
m_hamad
in reply to: barthbradley

I will attach one cabinet family because they are too many to attach all of them

Message 4 of 13
m_hamad

The project is too large to post here. Also, I want to respect client confidentiality, so I don't think I can post the full RVT file.
Message 5 of 13
barthbradley

...bumped...

see message #7

Message 6 of 13
m_hamad

Check what in the VS exactly? please be more specific
Message 7 of 13
barthbradley

....You have a bunch of Visibility and Material Parameters that are driven by Formulas in the Family.  I'm going to need to see the Project to troubleshoot.  

cab10.png

Message 8 of 13
m_hamad

I checked those, saved, and reloaded the family, No change in the 3D view, I still have the same problem.
Message 9 of 13
barthbradley

Look at your "White 6A7D25A7" Material Settings.  Any Transparency? If so, remove the Transparency. 

CABTransparent.png  

CABTransparent1.png

Message 10 of 13
RPTHOMAS108

You say it is a large model so perhaps is a graphics driver issue? Interruption of graphics rendering of large number of objects to maintain performance. Do you get this with or without hardware acceleration enabled?

Options > Hardware.

I don't see a logical Revit reason why the graphics should appear as below. You didn't make this end panel special in any way?

If you believe it to be project then save model elsewhere and delete everything out but this area i.e. drastically reducing the number of objects will prove or disprove this hypothesis.

211030.png

Message 11 of 13
barthbradley
in reply to: RPTHOMAS108

Grill and Handle visibility/invisibility is controlled via entering  1 or 0.    

Cabinet Family from Hell.png

Message 12 of 13
barthbradley

Did you download the Type Catalog as well?   

I'm finding the Family a little more "friendly" when loaded into Project via its Type Catalog.   

Still, I'm betting  Transparency is causing your Cabinets' wireframe appearance.       

Message 13 of 13
RPTHOMAS108

I see similar controlling the visibility of the door handles and there are a lot of those. How many U shaped door handles does one family need?

211031a.PNG

Then there is that mysterious end panel, I pull the family apart and don't see it featured on it's own. Not sure why there are so many similar solids in this family but that is what it is I suppose. The grill comes from CAD link, one per cabinet, and not sure how many of those exist in the project.

I'm still sticking steadfast with my theory but the game is definitely afoot, as they say.

211031.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators