Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't get this family to show vert/horiz plate

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
David125
411 Views, 7 Replies

I can't get this family to show vert/horiz plate

I hope I don't get in trouble for posting here, since it is a data outlet. I can't get this data outlet family to switch from vertical to horizontal face plate using the "Edit Type". I used vertical and horizontal visibility parameters but I'm missing something in the set up and I can't figure it out. Help!!!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: David125

If you want to control by Type then change Horizontal and Vertical parameters to Type, not Instance.

ToanDN_1-1680560620524.png

However, you can keep them as Instance and use the formula above so that you can change them in project by selecting and tick a box in properties, without changing Type.

Anyway,  you don't even need Horizontal/Vertical parameters, just rotate the data outlets on elevation in project by pressing Space Bar.  Below is snapshot from the OOTB family, placed and press Space bar to change the orientation.

ToanDN_0-1680560958122.png

Message 3 of 8
barthbradley

Is this Family placed on a vertical face in the Project. If so, I don't really see the need for the parametrics.  Just place and press Spacebar-bar Rotate.  

Message 4 of 8
David125

Thanks!

David125_3-1680561964594.png

Message 5 of 8
David125
in reply to: barthbradley

Pressing the spacebar does rotate the faceplate but it changes the orientation of the symbol in plan view, and that is a problem.

Message 6 of 8
barthbradley

@David125 wrote:

Pressing the spacebar does rotate the faceplate but it changes the orientation of the symbol in plan view, and that is a problem.

So, it isn't on a vertical surface (e.g. Wall) in Plan View.  That's why I asked.   

Message 7 of 8
barthbradley

For what it's worth:

Keep Text Readable.png

Message 8 of 8
David125
in reply to: barthbradley

Thanks, I can see where that can be useful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report