Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't create a new local file

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
892 Views, 9 Replies

I can't create a new local file

Good morning,

I have a problem with Revit 2017. 

I changed my pc some days ago, with this pc  I can't create a new local file,  but I can only remove it from the central file . This file is shared on a network folder. 

Maybe can be a revit configuration problem? 

revit.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
jade.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Any warning message pop-up when you try to create a new local?

jade.l

Message 3 of 10
ennujozlagam

hello, you need to open first your central file then make a new local file . thanks

local.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Hi,

Create new local isn't selectable

Message 5 of 10
ennujozlagam

can you open the central file? if not, then delete those worksets and create a new fresh central  file but before you do that all user's must relinquish all mine first. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 6 of 10
Kimtaurus

Which Revit version are you using? Is it the same version as the file?

Are you selecting a central file or an existing local file?

If the versions are the same and your definitely selecting a central file: open the Central with Detached and Audit, keep the worksets.

workset.PNG

Now you have "clean" file.

Next, Save as, and make sure you check "Make this a Central Model after save" in the options.

in reply to: Kimtaurus

Yes the version is the same, but still don't work...

Message 8 of 10
brettgatti

Are you mapped to the network location in the same way as the other users?  Drive letter or UNC Path?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

If someone else is in the process of opening a local file the checkbox would be unavailable.  If you close the open window and then open again is it still uncheckable?

If you still cannot open it, check with your IT to make sure your computer has been assigned to the correct security group for access to that folder. Most IT admins assign this by username, but I have worked for some companies that use workstation security groups as well.  Since you mentioned new computer this jumps out as the likely issue if you had no issues prior to the new system.

Message 10 of 10
RobDraw

What happens when you open the file?

Do you get a warning saying that the central model has been moved or copied or something like that?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report