Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to to detach parts of the stair

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bethanhthuan
474 Views, 2 Replies

how to to detach parts of the stair

Hi everyone, I recently working in a project and I have some issues with stair, cast in place concrete stair for more info.
The local buiding method is a little bit old-fashion, here they not mold a complete form of the stair. they just mold a kind of slab ( slanted slab) and then using brick to build the step. the slab is support by the adjacent wall and by itself. The problem is, the stair tool in revit does not have that type of stair construction so I have to figure out another way to do it in revit.
Can anyone tell me how to detach those parts of the stair. So I could manually adjust each one of those?
I have model the stair that i want in sketchup, so it could be easier for you guy to imagine. Each color is a material.
Thanks.

Capture.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
amorap
in reply to: bethanhthuan

Hi from Spain.
Unfortunately, Revit does not allow break in parts any stair.

My solution when I have to do some like you describe is:

- Creating a sloped slab, the one that supports the bricks.
- Create a stair with only the stair steps, laying on the sloped slab.

Then I can assign each one to the proper revit phase.

But if you already have the model done in SketchUp, you could reuse it in your revit project. You can create an in place family and insert the sketchup model, if you dont mind that this new object not be an stair (stair cathegory is a system one, and cannot be assigned to new families).

Regards

Augusto Mora
Architect & teacher of Building Projects at CPIFP Pirámide. Huesca (Spain).
Revit 2014 certified profesional.
Message 3 of 3
barthbradley
in reply to: bethanhthuan

What about a Stair by Component with a single stringer (middle only, no right and left). The stringer is the width of the stairs (the concrete portion in your design)? Then the tread, nosing and riser could be defined with brick material, shape and thickness. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report