Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to split face for curved tile (pattern based)

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
heichan88
563 Views, 14 Replies

How to split face for curved tile (pattern based)

Hello,

I wanr to split face for curved tile (pattern based), but seems unable to pick points at edges of the surface (not as normal family), and U-V grid not applicable for split face.

Please advice,

Thanks

微信图片_20220215163547.png

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
barthbradley
in reply to: heichan88

What about adding a Profile (Add Profile)? That get you to where you want to go?  

Add Profile.png

Message 3 of 15
heichan88

Hello @barthbradley 

I had firstly tried this way (add profile or ) cutting) before, but I woder  it was the reason of the  problem of "missing tiles" in the host family, see this post

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/1-unable-to-place-4-adaptive-points-tile-on-...

Based on that post, missing tile does not happends if a highly simplified tile is nested (2AP, 2 profile, no cutting) , but once added 1 more profile or void, missing tiles appears. 

I appreciate if you could advice on either of these 2 issues (missing tile or split face), Thanks

微信图片_20220216085157.png

Message 4 of 15
ToanDN

The repeater doesn't fill because your tile still doesn't flex properly when the host is bent exceeding some threshold.  Adding profiles to the form is not going to fix it because when Revit cannot create the form, it cannot add profiles to a non-existence form.

Go back to your family and drag one of the driving adaptive point using the XYZ arrows and see which part of the family break, then you know where to start to fix.

Message 5 of 15
barthbradley

I'm pretty confused right now, @heichan88. In your other threads, this was a 4-pt. Adaptive Point Family being used as a Repeater on a Divided Surface. This new Family is a Rectangular Pattern-Based Curtain Panel. I don't understand what the issue is now. I'd like to see the file showing the "missing tile" issue.  Can you post it?  

...I'm surprised you can get it to work at all. It fails on every divided surface I try.  

PTT.png

Message 6 of 15
heichan88
in reply to: ToanDN

Hello 

I am trying many ways for a stable tile (repeater or pattern),  could you take a look at my RFA attached at the top of the post? This current tile is 2 AP profile and nested to pattern based (because previously 4 AP repeater was over-designed and also not stable). 

please advice any stable way then I would try again.

If another approach can make the tile stable, please advice 

Thanks

Message 7 of 15
ToanDN

Changing a spacing value gives errors.

ToanDN_0-1644984718895.png

Message 8 of 15
heichan88

Hello @ToanDN 

That I had tried (just for testing), even the spacing is adjust back to standard 265x265, error still happen.

Attach RFA (as posted nefore) is the roof family which contains the final result after the  tile nested. please feel free to have a look.

Thanks 

Message 9 of 15
RDAOU

@heichan88 

In the old days of Windows Vista through Windows 2.01, CTRL+ ALT + DEL was one of the most viable solutions to most problems...It still applies to some even today. If you ask my opinion, I think that you should maybe consider a RESET 🙂

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 10 of 15
ToanDN

Edit the profile family, delete the point below.  Then reload it back in your curtain panel family and see if the family still gives the errors when you flex the spacing.

ToanDN_3-1645046927722.png

Message 11 of 15
heichan88

hello @ToanDN 

I set this point to be the "only point to change location of the other edge of tile“ along with the curve pattern grid, while all the profile shape is fixed. if this point is deleted, the tile edge (red point) seems will not incline following patterm change (blue). 

 Or please kindly advice if this point be deleted, any way that red point of tile can incline along the curve pattern grid (while the profile shape unchange?)

Many Thanks

Message 12 of 15
ToanDN

@heichan88 wrote:

hello @ToanDN 

I set this point to be the "only point to change location of the other edge of tile“ along with the curve pattern grid, while all the profile shape is fixed. if this point is deleted, the tile will not inclide up to the curve.

 Or please kindly advice if this point be deleted, any way that tile can incline along the curve pattern grid.

Many Thanks

I don't see any significant different to the form after deleting that point.  Here is the result:

ToanDN_0-1645059649366.png

ToanDN_1-1645059686152.png

Message 13 of 15
heichan88

Hello @ToanDN 

Would you mind giving RFA version of yours? I had followed your advice and delete that point but still missing some. I would like to compare my tile and yours.

Many Thanks 

Message 14 of 15
heichan88

OK @ToanDN @after delete the pont then try and try (host, spline, refernce point, ....) then it works, thanks

微信图片_20220217222315.png

Message 15 of 15
ToanDN

Glad you got it solved yourself.   I use Revit 2022 so sending you the family would be of no use.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators