Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to scale grids for differents view scales

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
8058 Views, 8 Replies

How to scale grids for differents view scales

Hello, 

I'm wondering about the size of the grid at different scale views. As I understand the grid have a fixed size that override the view scale, whatever the view scale the grid will always have the same size.
This lead me to the question, how can I view sma grids at differents size in differents scale views....

On this project I did a custom grid head with a real number in milimiter, 5 mm of radius with a project parameters.

Since the project have a huge amount of grids, I do need to show the grids in differents views with differents scales, that is the issue that I'm dealing with.

Grids at 1:50 view ScaleGrids at 1:50 view ScaleGrids at 1:200 view ScaleGrids at 1:200 view Scale

I need to see the grids at 1:250 and also at 1:50. is it possible? - How can you archieve

Tags (4)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

If you want smaller Grid Heads, you have to scale the Grid Head in the Family.  You can't scale in the Project the way you are describing.

The only way to do what you are describing, is to overlap two different Grid Types having different sizes, and hide in view the Type you don't want to be displayed. 

Message 3 of 9
ToanDN

You cannot have two different grid bubble sizes for the same grid type.  Workaround:

- copy monitor the grids to a different (blank) file, edit type to change to a smaller bubble symbol

- link that file into your project, put it in a workset that is default to OFF

- turn off the native grids and turn on the linked workset for the 1:250 views

When your native grid changes, open the grid link file and reconcile the conflicts.

Message 4 of 9
FAIR59

if you draw the bubble / circle in a nested generic annotation family, you can draw different bubbles with different subcategories.

In the model for each view / scale , hide all the subcategories you don't need.

Message 5 of 9
nada_tareqXFR2W
in reply to: FAIR59

Kindly i want to ask about your annotation family How can we manage the text size too according to views scale

@FAIR59 

Message 6 of 9
anthony.bowden

I don't see how you can.

Message 7 of 9
anthony.bowden

The nested genereic annotation thing does help to get different circle diameters, but when you use the small circle in the project, there is a gap between the end of the grid line and the circle. In Revit's mind, the outer circle is still there. Can that be solved by view?

Message 8 of 9

Use @ToanDN approach.  

Message 9 of 9
anthony.bowden

Agreed, a good technical solution, but most of the team would not understand this, and I don't like dimensioning to elements in linked files because we know that some of those dimensions do fall off now and again when you open up the model in a subsequent session.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report