Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to halftone detail lines? Or how do you print in grayscale with a detail line set to the color gray?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
carlos3AR8B
473 Views, 9 Replies

How to halftone detail lines? Or how do you print in grayscale with a detail line set to the color gray?

So my detail set up is that I have a filter when I place a E, "E" for existing,  in the comment of the family it turns it half tone. Everything so far has run smoothly except for one part and that's the detail line. I created a detail line called Existing set to the color gray. When i print to the set up set to Blacklines they come up as black lines. When i print to grayscale. Everything that is set to halftone becomes hard to see. Can you guys think of any ideas or is there a way your firm does it?

Labels (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Honestly, I just right-click on and override the graphics in the view. Usually it is a black line

Message 3 of 10
Toan_RLA
in reply to: carlos3AR8B

Message 4 of 10
ToanDN

You can change halftone color in settings.

Toan_RLA_0-1723688957340.png

Message 5 of 10
barthbradley

Instead of halftone, why not override the Line Weight? Make it thinner.  

E Filter.png

Message 6 of 10
carlos3AR8B
in reply to: barthbradley

Oh man maybe i use the wrong word. I meant Line Type.

Message 7 of 10
carlos3AR8B
in reply to: ToanDN

This might work. Thank You. 

Message 8 of 10

That does work but the only problem with that is when you copy it from one detail to another the override disappears. Is there a way when you copy. the override stays?

Message 9 of 10
carlos3AR8B
in reply to: barthbradley

That is how I have it if or detail items but sometimes I require to draw lines from the detail line command. And I am having trouble with the line types.

Message 10 of 10

No.
But i group them to make it easier with one click

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report