Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extract a 3D path from a Revit model?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
641 Views, 3 Replies

How to extract a 3D path from a Revit model?

Please notice the web-based tool that I am developing. You will notice a strong resemblance to a certain 3D app that we all know and love.   : -)

http://www.dealey-plaza.org/this-government-as-promised/SBT-MBT-Tools/Robertson-Measurement-Tool/ 

User Instructions here:
http://www.dealey-plaza.org/this-government-as-promised/SBT-MBT-Tools/RMT-for-Dummies/ 

Question:

I have a top accuracy Revit model of that site, Dealey Plaza. What I need now is to extract the path followed by a vehicle in the middle lane. See below several screenshots from an inaccurate SketchUp model.

Will I have to resort to the SDK?

TIA,

-Ramon F. Herrera
JFK Numbers

18 Zapruder Locations18 Zapruder Locations

Image 1.jpg

Image 2.jpg

Image 3.jpg

Image 4.jpg

Image 5.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey @Anonymous; still at it, I see.  This project has really evolved since the last time we talked. At that time you were trying to configure historically accurate Sun Settings (e.g. Azimuth, Altitude).  

So, now you are trying to "extract the path" followed by the motorcade?  What do you mean by this? Extract what  to where and for what  purpose?   

Message 3 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Create an in place mass, place reference points and generate a spline through points.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

@barthbradley wrote:

Hey @Anonymous; still at it, I see.  This project has really evolved since the last time we talked. At that time you were trying to configure historically accurate Sun Settings (e.g. Azimuth, Altitude).  

So, now you are trying to "extract the path" followed by the motorcade?  What do you mean by this? Extract what  to where and for what  purpose?   

Barth! Long time no see. Say ... ready to join us?

The Azimuth settings are really for show. IOW: They will play no role in the solution of the biggest crime mystery in America's history. See them here:

That is Revit + SketchUp + Lumion.

Notice the driver? Making those zig-zags? I need a much more precise path to allow YOU The User to solve the SBT/MBT debate/debacle forever.

This work below (in progress, as everything that I do) was also born from discussions here: (thanks, everybody!!)

I have so many things to tell. Was booted from all Adobe forums for posting URLs to my pride and joy and saying that the Autodesk service is SOOOOOO much better. I may have called names to the moderators as well.  :- (

I would never dare to designate you as a dummy but you should begin here, to see the purpose of the path derived from the infamous laser measurements (*):

Robertson Measurement Tool for Dummies 

-Ramon
JFK Numbers

(*) The laser point cloud was donated -involuntarily- by the Kocks. Thanks, Charles! Thanks (posthumously), David!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report