Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an Assemblies Sheet in Revit

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Ksenia.Eic
2766 Views, 11 Replies

How to create an Assemblies Sheet in Revit

Hello,

For some reason I'm finding this very difficult to find an answer to online. All we are trying to do is to create an assemblies sheet in Revit - a drawing near the beginning of your construction drawings set which shows a section of each wall, floor and roof assembly and lists the assembly in text next to it. Is there a way to make a sheet where you can model in a section of an assembly or is the only option a drafting view? It would be nice if these updated to correspond with any changes to your assemblies. 

I'm pretty sure we did this at an office I used to work at but I never set it up and am not sure how it was done.

Thanks!

Ksenia

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Ksenia.Eic

I wonder what you have used for previous projects. Usually, offices have a library of these elements. If you don´t have one, you could build one based on legend components, meaning, dragging and dropping walls, roofs, floor system families into a legend, and displaying the view with fine detail. It has the limitations of Legends in Revit, but at least it will give you the correct thicknesses and layers of the materials.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 12
barthbradley

I'm not understanding. Revit is very good at creating assembly sheets automatically. When you create an assembly in Revit, you are given the option to deselect the assembly views you don't need. Is there a view you want, that is NOT on the list of views that Revit creates? 

Message 4 of 12
ToanDN
in reply to: barthbradley

@barthbradley

I think @Ksenia.Eic meant to create the details of typical Wall, Partition, Floor, Roof types and the likes in a set of CD, not the Revit's Assembly.

Message 5 of 12
barthbradley
in reply to: ToanDN

AHH! 

"I see!" said the blind man as he dropped his hammer and saw

Thanks, Toan. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 12
Ksenia.Eic
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

We haven't done a project all the way through in Revit in this office for some time. Last was about 8 years ago and the Revit people are long gone now. We don't have a completed template set up yet for our Revit projects yet so I'm basically making this up as I go along. The previous office I worked at did use Revit a lot and had a system for making assemblies sheets and construction drawings in general.

This is the kind of thing I'm looking to do - see attached. Maybe this is just a drafting view thing, or perhaps I can try making a legend like was suggested.

Message 7 of 12
Alfredo_Medina

Have you tried the advice I proposed in my previous post?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 8 of 12

Alfredo, can you provide a Link to that post please. Thanks.

Message 9 of 12
JJWGallagher

Make a new legend, use legend components of your assemblies, add text. 

Message 10 of 12
ToanDN
in reply to: barthbradley

Right the second post of this very thread.  I had tried Legend before, the upside is the correct and live components; the downside is I could not snap dimensions, no tags, material tags don't read the materials of the layers and I had to manually select from the list.  needless to say, I went back to drafting details.

Here is an example of a simple Legend of a wall type:

Capture.PNG

Message 11 of 12
Ksenia.Eic
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I will try that. Thanks!

Message 12 of 12
Alfredo_Medina

Yes, based on the PDF that you posted, the legend components do the work just fine. If you need to add some dimensions to the graphics, you need to add some linework on top of the components. Also, for showing metal studs, and insulation, you need to add some detail components. The rest is all text for the description. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report