Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a parametric door frame

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jppinhovilela
1161 Views, 2 Replies

How to create a parametric door frame

Hello,
I'm trying to do a parametric door using Revit Door Family template. I'm using the sweep tool to do the dor frame. While editing Sweep's profile I am trying to create a Door thickness parameter to represent the part of the frame that make the door stop, as shown in the picture below:

jppinhovilela_0-1585619890683.png

But after I finish the drawing with the sweep tool, and change de wall thickness the parameter "Door-Thickness" won't keep in 20cm, instead it will follow the wall thickness, as it is shown in the images with a 15cm wall(where the Sweep's parameter "Door-Thickness" was made), 30cm wall (the parameter increases with the wall thickness) and 10 cm (the parameter decrease with the wall thickness, generating a weird geometry):

jppinhovilela_1-1585619922733.png

jppinhovilela_2-1585619942478.pngjppinhovilela_3-1585619958012.png

How can I do to make the parameter "Door-Thickness" to Maintain at 20 cm, regardless of the wall thickness? I already tryind to lock the parameter on 20 cm, but when I do that and change the wall, it just gives me an error

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Redrunner92
in reply to: jppinhovilela

Have you ensured that the dimension is referring to the correct objects? And have you ensured that all objects are aligned and locked to their proper reference planes or other sources? This looks like a case of a lack of a constraint somewhere, and maybe a misplaced constraint where you think the constraint was made.

Message 3 of 3
jppinhovilela
in reply to: Redrunner92

Yes, the problem was that I was using the referance planes in a wrong way, I was using a reference plane on the profile editor, now I created a reference plane on the family and locked the profile drawing on this reference plane

thanks for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report