Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to complete loft conversion

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
briannahsama
195 Views, 4 Replies

how to complete loft conversion

Hi everyone, I'm still fair new to Revit and I'm struggling to do this loft conversion a bit. I followed the instructions as shown in this YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q14RUj2HZfA . This tutorial was really helpful and worked for the most part. 

However, I am trying to complete this loft conversation in Revit as shown in the AutoCAD drawing. However, I can't extend the roof all the way through or attach it to the other side. can anyone help at all? The marked-out red area is what I'm trying to finish. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: briannahsama

Edit the footprint of the flat roof and enlarge it. Then join geometry flat roof and pitched roof.

Message 3 of 5
barthbradley

Are you trying to Attach the bottom of the Walls at the Dormer to the bottom Roof? Use Attach Top/Base tool and check "Base" on the Option Bar. The target roof must be directly over the Walls though. If they are not, you could use same tool to Attach the Wall Base to a Ref. Plane - although that wouldn't really be buildable in the real world. (e.g. floating walls).  

Attach Base 1.png

Attach Base 2.png

Message 4 of 5
barthbradley
Message 5 of 5
barthbradley

....the roof assembly wouldn't extend all the way through the main roof and through the house. Ceiling joists would be placed atop the walls.  Nothing to do with the roof assembly.   

Shed Dormer 1.pngShed Dormer 2.png

or do you mean this?

Shed Dormer 3.png

It's not clear from this: 

Shed Dormer 4.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report