Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change base/top constraints, without moving object.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1654 Views, 6 Replies

How to change base/top constraints, without moving object.

Hi guys,

We have multiple buildings in one file, drawn from scan data and have a big problem.

Some of the objects in one building, have been drawn using levels from another building.

Is there away to transfer the base constraint of a window (for example) to another level, without it moving the window itself?

Maybe a plugin for this.

So we need to update the windows and doors constraint levels, without actually moving the position of it...

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried cut and paste align to level?
Message 3 of 7
kadmonkee

yes you can re-associate the components to the correct level and adjust the offset to allow for any differences between BLDG 1 LEVEL and BLDG 2 LEVEL

in the images I set a new level BLDG 2 LEVEL 2 changed the window to be associated with the new level then adjusted the sill Height to make up the difference between LEVELS

Window Elevation.PNGWindow Properties.PNG

is this what you are looking for?

If there is any information shared that is of value please give Kudos
If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

This doesn't work unfortunately, as it will give you 2 of everything, and also it moves the position...

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: kadmonkee

Thanks for the response, I think this is a good way for small projects, and maybe the only way. But we have over 400 windows for example, and looking for a fast way to everything connected to one level to another, without displacing the object...

Message 6 of 7
kadmonkee

if all your doors and windows need to be adjusted to a different level then in the view select all instances of your doors and windows

also if you create a specific view and isolate all your doors and windows in that view you can pick all and make the change

go into visibility graphics and turn off all categories but doors make your changes then turn of all categories but windows and make your changes

do this for each view needed.

then turn on all the other categories

temporary isolate works also

select the EYE GLASSES and choose TEMPORARY ISOLATE CATEGORY

TEMPORARY ISLOLATE.PNG

If there is any information shared that is of value please give Kudos
If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you
Message 7 of 7
carolagryma
in reply to: kadmonkee

Surely there is a simple way of doing this? For example, I got a model now that had ground floor level in the wrong spot. I then tried moving it down 200 mm and the issue is that the move does not work as it says a wall is tied to it and when I click on "show" it does not show anything. My solution was to copy the level down and I wanted to reassign walls so I thought I could select all walls somehow and make sure whatever has a base constraint to the old level would be switched over to the new ground floor level but that was more difficult to find than I thought.

Luckily in a simple model it is not that many walls but I would like to know the proper way of changing the levels without actually changing how any walls or door work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators