Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to achieve Dimension break

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sahin.ikbal
550 Views, 5 Replies

How to achieve Dimension break

When two dimension's extension lines are crossing each other I want to break make it like Autocad's Dimbreak command.
I know I can use filled region or masking region but that only works in hidden mode but I need this in wireframe mode, or view mode independent.

If you have used any work arounds to achieve similar results. Suggest me if there is any way.

DimBreak.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
kadmonkee
in reply to: sahin.ikbal

unfortunately it is not capable in Revit.

the only solution at this point is avoid crossing dim lines as much as possible

If there is any information shared that is of value please give Kudos
If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you
Message 3 of 6
RDAOU

@sahin.ikbal 

Not sure why you would do that (go around the plan masking crossing dims)....But a filled region in a Generic Annotation family should mask Dimension Strings and other annotations in the Model (in any mode - wireframe included)

RDAOU_0-1639147418269.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 4 of 6
barthbradley

I never understood why DIMBREAK - especially in a sophisticated CAD program. It seems to sanction violating two cardinal rules of Dimensioning.  When extension lines cross other extension lines, no break in either line should be made and Dimension lines and extension lines should not cross.  Maybe this is just an up-tight American rule. 😉

Message 5 of 6

thank you for this idea, but how to still see the boundary of the filled region, how can I solve this?

youssefibrahimM37J6_0-1644227875729.png

Message 6 of 6

Edit the region, select the lines and change them to invisible.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators