Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you change focal length in perspective mode in Revit 2019 ?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jsanders
7390 Views, 5 Replies

How do you change focal length in perspective mode in Revit 2019 ?

Hello,

I put Revit in perspective mode (by the way : THANK YOU FOR ENABLING THIS ! It was long overdue...)

However the focal lenght is very "large", the angle is too high. How do you control this ? I can't seem to find it in options...

How to change focal length ?How to change focal length ?

Cheers.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Onward still he goes, Yet ne'er looks forward further than his nose ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jsanders

Agreed! A long overdue update! anyway to change the focal length bring up the 3D navigation wheel and click the drop down in the bottom right corner. should let you adjust the focal length from there. Hope this helps!  FocalLength.jpg 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

But how do you dial in your desired focal length? ex. 17mm or 50mm. I want to match focal lengths

Message 4 of 6

Any updates on this? Would be great to have a clear numerical value.

Message 5 of 6
chrja
in reply to: Anonymous

Any updates on this one yet? Would love the same feature..

Message 6 of 6
mohamedG684B
in reply to: jsanders

It's really weird how the navigation in 3D view is so undeveloped in Revit.

I tried dragging the cursor up and down and nothing is happening. I'm guessing because the camera is super zoomed in? Nonetheless this specific feature should have the option to set a specific numeric value like most 3D softwares. 

No updates on that since 2019... really weird for a super simple feature. Hope it's added asap...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators