Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I modify the maximum rebar lenghth in Revit?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1233 Views, 3 Replies

How can I modify the maximum rebar lenghth in Revit?

Hi My name is Vincent from Korea (yes of course I have Korean name but it's much easier to remember me so)

I've been struggling for days to figure out to modify the total length or maximum length when I put rebars in Revit.

In Korea, we use 8m(the most popular length and the masimum length in field in Korea) rebars when we do the slabs and walls.

I need to know how I can set the maximum length and the lap splices in Revit.

Please save me there is no one who uses Revit for reinforcement in Korea so nobody I can ask about this problem.

Thank you all

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dzanta
in reply to: Anonymous

if you add an image so I can understand better, it would be helpful.

When creating rebar in revit, the total length of the rebar can be adjusted manually via the grips. For example, if I use a #4 rebar shape 00, the length initially comes in within the constrains of the rebar cover settings.  You can then push/pull the length of the rebar via the grips.

As for lap splicing, I only see this setting within the Fabric Reinforcement.  Once created, select it and then go to Edit Type Properties to change the length of the Lap Splicing.

See images....

1.jpg2.jpg

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 3 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Can you control it by edit the Fabric Sheet type dimensions?

Capture.PNG

p/s: I am not a structural engineer so I don't know what I am talking about

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dzanta

Thanks for the reply but that's not exactly what I'm looking for

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report