Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I join structural members cleanly?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
gnarkill283
270 Views, 6 Replies

How can I join structural members cleanly?

Please see images below. How can I get these members to join cleanly? These are structural elements in architecture revit. I don't have a grid line at this end of the roof if that matters. 

gnarkill283_0-1649264203460.pnggnarkill283_1-1649264235149.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: gnarkill283

Join geometry.  Beam mitering.  Cut beam and column with ref planes.  Attach column to beam and set Attachment condition to maximum interaction.

Message 3 of 7
gnarkill283
in reply to: ToanDN

The north to south beam is in its own model group as well as all the west to east ones. I'm not able to click on any beam when using join geometry

Message 4 of 7
gnarkill283

Actually it doesn't matter if in model group - I exploded them and still can't select any members with the join geometry tool

Message 5 of 7
barthbradley

Are you trying to cope 'em or are they already coped with a coping distance defined?  If so, zero out the coping distance.  

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/ENU/Revit-M...

...you may need to adjust the cut length a bit to cope properly, if that's what you mean.  

...are you meaning something like this?

Cope46.png

Message 6 of 7
ToanDN

@gnarkill283 wrote:

Actually it doesn't matter if in model group - I exploded them and still can't select any members with the join geometry tool

I see they are HSS beams so you need to Miter them or cut them using ref planes.  If you cannot miter them, edit the family, select the 3D tube and set it to be visible for ALL detail levels (coarse, medium, fine).

ToanDN_0-1649268415680.png

Message 7 of 7
ToanDN

See screencast.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators