Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I achieve this bracing detail?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
schurmangrant
342 Views, 5 Replies

How can I achieve this bracing detail?

Just wondering what the best and most efficient way I can achieve this sort of detail for a cross-bracing look.12-interno4_full.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: schurmangrant

You are talking about the steel connection or the wood members?  

Message 3 of 6
schurmangrant
in reply to: ToanDN

Yes, basically the whole vertical portion with the wood members as well as the steel connections

Message 4 of 6

For all the wood members, you have Revit's Structure tab with these tools: truss, beam, bracing, column. 

For steel connections, there is the Steel tab where you have connector, plates, bolts and other tools to modify members such as coping and others.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: schurmangrant

You can model the wood members using structural wood columns / framing, or as structural truss.  The connection is either a parametric family with parametric angles to match the bracing (harder to build), or as individual family host to the end of each member then join geometry together.

The truss family can be as simple as this:

ToanDN_0-1695761261423.png

The you can edit profile of the trusses in the project, or attach the m to a roof, and the shapes will conform.

ToanDN_1-1695761291902.png

Message 6 of 6

This should be done using simple Structural Members such as Columns Beams and Bracing as this is how it would be designed and built and would keep inline with the construction process and information can be extracted more efficiently.

The perpendicular roof trusses would be more inline with previous suggestions as they will be manufactured and delivered this way.

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report