Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosted Roof Family Cut Not Following Roof Shape

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
youssef.ibrahimM37J6
174 Views, 2 Replies

Hosted Roof Family Cut Not Following Roof Shape

Hiya Autodesk Community,

I’m encountering an issue while modeling an a viod in extraction roof . I’ve created a host roof family to add an avoid feature, but when I host the family to the roof, the cut doesn’t align with the roof shape. It’s important to note that I haven’t used the “Always Vertical” option for the family.

Could you please advise on how to resolve this problem or suggest alternative methods for creating an avoid feature in a roof?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

please find the below picture and attached test project and family 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I would modify and rename one of the Structural Framing Families to make it Void Geometry, instead of Solid Geometry, check "Cuts with Voids When Loaded", and uncheck "Always Vertical" and then load Family into Project. Then I would place one instance of the Family via 3D Snapping and Pick Lines on the Roof end. I would then Array this Family Instance x number of times - for example, 15 times spaced 200mm. Afterwards I would use Cut Geometry to cut the Roof Solid Geometry with the Family (e.g. the Void Geometry).  

Something along these lines: 

Roof712-1.png

Roof712-2.png

Roof712-3.png

Message 3 of 3

thank you for your great idea, but i a not sure why it does not work for the below roof, please find the attached RVT file

youssefibrahimM37J6_0-1721031285794.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators