Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding split face lines

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
haydenwse
2691 Views, 7 Replies

Hiding split face lines

Is there a visibility graphic parameter for the split face lines?  I need to show the face of panel but do not want the split faces to show.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
cbcarch
in reply to: haydenwse

Not that I know of, I think they are treated like "sketch lines' .

Have you tried the Linework Tool--Invisible lines?

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 8
Avaris.

You can override them with the LineWork tool > invisible lines.

PS: I'm late...

Message 4 of 8
haydenwse
in reply to: Avaris.

The linework tool works but that is a lot of needless clicking.  I am producing thin-brick clad precast piece drawings and use the split face to map out and "paint" the different features of the brick pattern.  most panels will have at least a couple of dozen split face boundary lines and there are 500 panels in the project.  That would be... too many clicks.  

Message 5 of 8
cbcarch

No pain, no gain.....  Instead of split face/paint, I would recommend the following options:

- Model the thin brick as a separate wall

- Use Parts / Divided Parts to split up the face into thin brick/precast.

Split Face/Paint seems fast, but it can also cause major problems when wall joins unjoin and the split face gets deleted.

The methods suggested above are a less error prone.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 6 of 8
haydenwse
in reply to: cbcarch

I do not use parts to split my walls into panels.  I tried that but it was unstable and caused lots of problems with reinf.  all panels are individual wall elements created with the "split with gap" tool.  The split face is made in groups that similar wall panels can be changed to.  it has been very stable except for those D@$#ed boundary lines.  We view the panels from the back face so what we have been doing is changing the view depth to just above the wall face so that it cannot see the lines.   

Message 7 of 8
Avaris.

You have no reinforcement in you bricks, isn't it? So you can draw the bricks as a separate wall and use parts only on that wall.

Message 8 of 8
jbrr27

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators