Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hiding dimensions smaller than...

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
1381 Views, 13 Replies

hiding dimensions smaller than...

hello,

is there an option to hide dimensions that are smaller than X cm?

for example i have many dimensions and i want to hide by template all the dimensions that are less than 10cm.

is it possible?

thanks

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

Sure. I would look into Project Filters. Rule-based Filters could be employed to do this.  Ever work Project Filters? 

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

i tried to make a filter, but there was no dimensions category there.

can you explain how to do it?

Message 4 of 14
barthbradley

...give me a clear picture of what you what to do.  An example scenario.    

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

123124.JPG

what im trying to do is to hide the 10 cm dimension by template but to still keep the 102 and the 334 cm for example.

so basically i have template for 1:100 scale and i want it to hide for me all the dimensions that are 10 cm or less.

Message 6 of 14
barthbradley

Annotations? Okay, so rule-based is out, but you can't still do a selection set filter, which may or may not be practical for a Template.  By selection set, I mean you could grab on the same font sizes by right-clicking on one and pressing  "Select Similar"  -- and then you could add all selected at one time to one named and editable Section Set Filter.  Are you familiar with this method?  

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

i know how to save selection, but it wont allow me to pick a specific dimension from the main dimension line.

so i guess it isnt working 😞 unless you will teach me how to do it.

any other idea? 

Message 8 of 14
barthbradley

I am curious about something, @Anonymous:  Why don't you just Duplicate with Detail the View and delete the Dimensions you don't want to show in each View? 

Message 9 of 14
ToanDN

I can try Dynamo to filter the dimensions smaller than a specific value and hide them.  Attached example shows how to get the dimension values in a list but you need to do researches on how to filter and hide them.

Anyways, dimensions are view dependent, if you don't need some, just duplicate the view and delete the unwanted dims as suggested earlier.

Message 10 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

well yeah i can delete them manually now, but it isnt the right solution im looking for.

dynamo could work , but i dont know to use it.

too bad there isnt an option like quick select dimensions by measurment value like in autocad.

Message 11 of 14
cbcarch

Not too familiar with Metric settings--but,

Could you adjust Project Units and set to display only nearest meter or something?

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: cbcarch

it wont work 😕

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

Hello, was there a solution for your problem because i have the same issue?

Thanks.

Message 14 of 14
vladimir_michl

You can easily use the Extended filter in the add-on "CS Tools for Revit" - see:

Vladimir Michl, www.arkance-systems.cz - www.cadforum.cz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report