Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide non core layers in sections?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
boris_zivkovic
741 Views, 8 Replies

Hide non core layers in sections?

With Revit 2022 we can hide non core layers of walls in floor plan. But I need that option also in sections, not only for walls, but floors also. Is there any workaround without breaking into parts?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
RDAOU
in reply to: boris_zivkovic

@boris_zivkovic 

There is a workaround using either a Design Option or a Workset (invisible)

1. Place all walls in a "Workset Walls" (Visible in all views)
  2. Add a "Workset Cores" (invisible)
  3. With Workset Cores active add a single layer wall at core Center Line of all walls (Either manually or Use Dynamo)
  4. In section (any view) views where you need to see only the core override visibility graphics and make "Workset Walls invisible" and "Workset Cores" visible

Similar steps in case of Design options

• Design Option 1 for all walls set to primary
  • Design Option 2 for single layer walls (core) 
  • In view where only cores are to show, override visibility graphics >>> Design options tab >> seect the DO2

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 9
boris_zivkovic
in reply to: RDAOU

Hello, thank you for quick reply.

I was thinking of some less intrusive solution. If I use dynamo script to insert new walls, I don't know if the walls corrected with edit profile would follow. Also walls are joined with other elements and have openings which the new wall would have to mimic.

Hope that this could get implemented in new Revit version, since it's possible for floor plan.

Message 4 of 9
RDAOU

@boris_zivkovic 

If you prefer parts, you can stick to parts ... however, I do find the Design Option method the least obtrusive.

1. Isolate and select all walls >> go to Manage Design Options >> Add to set (add to both DO1 and DO2)
  2. Edit DO2 >>> Select All walls therein >> Change wall location to Center of Core
  3. Swap Wall type to a single layer Core Wall

3 steps and edited profiles are preserved

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 9
boris_zivkovic

I have found partial solution with coloring all functions in VG to white, except Structure and hiding Common Edges for floors and walls. Only downside is that even tho non structure layers are not visible for floors, they are still obscuring elements behind them.

If I divide into parts all the floors and filter out the non core layers, I get excatly what I need.

But I'm trying to avoid using parts.

Message 6 of 9
RDAOU

@boris_zivkovic 

Sorry mate...I am not going to comment on that last thing you proposed....if you are not into design options do stick to Parts and filters. 

If you are going to do something, either do it right or don't do it at all

Message 7 of 9
boris_zivkovic

No problem, thank you for your time and suggestions.

Design options would be great if I could avoid need to redraw all exsisting walls by hand or with dynamo.

Message 8 of 9
RDAOU

@boris_zivkovic 

Manually does not mean you redraw everything..you simply add what you have now to 2 design options...I will edit this post in a minute and add a gif

Edit: See GIF below

Wall COre only.gif

Message 9 of 9
boris_zivkovic

Sorry, I misunderstood that post when you wrote that we need to do something similar with design options, like you described in first option with worksets.

Yes, I just tryed that and it works! Thank you mate! There will be some errors while adding to set constrained and joined walls, and errors about overlapping, but this is it.

Thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators