Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide background lines from topography in section view

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2343 Views, 3 Replies

Hide background lines from topography in section view

I know this question has been asked before but as there was no satisfactory answer I will ask it again in the hope that someone would know how to deal with what is an easy problem that should have an obvious solution in Revit.

When I cut topography, I only want to see cut line and want to hide projection lines. In the Overwrite Visibility Graphic by Element, there is no tick box to hide projection lines, you can only make them white but this then messes up part of the drawing where projection lines overlay over darker building elements which means that they become visible.

I wanted to ask if there is an easy or hard way via programming to completely hide projection lines?

See attached drawing where I have shown which line I would like to hide.

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RDAOU
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

If it is a toposurface element, the visibility graphics options are quite limited...what you can do is either of the following:

1. Override the Projection/Surface Lines Color (Topography) to white (See GIF below)
    • Alternatively, Override the Projection/Surface Lines pattern (Topography) to a Dot style with a large spacing
  2. You can also resort to overlaying 2 views on a sheet (One view without topo and another with only the topo but a very short "Far Clip Offset" distance - see image 2)

Topo Hide projections.gif

RDAOU_0-1627371428716.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

Thank you. I did not know about the option to overlay 2 view onto a sheet. Will try that.
I have tried white lines and dotted lines but they just don't work that well for complex topography.
Message 4 of 4
RDAOU
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

As mentioned...if you keep it as Toposurface element, the options are kinda limited. You can also try setting the Elevation or Section to CLIP WITHOUT LINE and adjust Far clip offset not to exceed the toposurface far end...This may also cancel the Topo's Far end Silhouette line (then uncheck the primary and secondary lines

Topo Hide projections1.gif 

If it is transformed into a geometry you could have more options with respect to graphics but that's a different topic...you are using Topo and if it is manageable as is better not change your workflow just for a graphic display tweak

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report