Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have railing baluster post issue

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
jpkottai
1126 Views, 22 Replies

Have railing baluster post issue

Hi Every one hope you all of you doing well . i have issue with the railing baluster post actualy i need to cut the railing steel L angle post which having a clash with steel stringer  and have to add pas plate also. My case is i have stair in structural model and railing is in arch model both are in different file  but i have to do cut at that correct place where its getting clash with stringer kindly help me to solve this. i have attached pic below no. 1 indicates what am having issue No.2 indicate i have to do same as like this detail.

Thank you advance 

NO.1NO.1 

No.2No.2

Labels (1)
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
syman2000
in reply to: jpkottai

You may want to edit the baluster family and add void to cut the bottom portion

syman2000_0-1689262356968.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 3 of 23
barthbradley

Is the Railing actually hosted to the Supports? If so, does adjusting the Railing's "Offset from Path" fix?  

Message 4 of 23
barthbradley

Ah! I see now what you are up against. What about a "reference" Support in the Arch to "cut" and Railing and then hide this reference in the View(s)? 

Ref Stair 1.pngRef Stair 2.pngRef Stair 3.png 

Message 5 of 23
jpkottai
in reply to: barthbradley

shall i send u RVT file
could u check it
Message 6 of 23
barthbradley

@jpkottai wrote:
shall i send u RVT file
could u check it

Can't hurt, can it?  Send away.  

Message 7 of 23
jpkottai

COULD YOU PLEASE CHECK IT  BELOW ATTACHED FILE I HAVE TO CUT 

Message 8 of 23
jpkottai

THANKS LOT I HAVE ATTACHED BELOW THAT RVT FILE KINDLY CHECK AND LET ME KNOW
Message 9 of 23
jpkottai

jpkottai_0-1689411074603.png

i got ur point here but  i did this stringer support by str framing  it not attaching thats what i have to cut excess portion. so if u know plz let me know  

thank you  in advance 

Message 10 of 23
ToanDN

Balusters only attach to stringers, not structural framing.  If you need them to cut at an angle then copy paste the stair aligned in place, then add stringers to the copy stair and host railing on that stair.  Then you can hide that stair and you can have the railing.

Message 11 of 23
jpkottai
in reply to: ToanDN

actually i did  that frame here structural framing  bcz of BOQ if i can add in stringer its not connecting properly at corner area which is meeting point  could  please u check above i have attached file 

Message 12 of 23
ToanDN

Read my post again. I did not ask you to not use structural framing.

Worst case, you can remove all balusters from the railing and place them manually as structural column or structural framing, then you can trim them with reference planes.

Message 13 of 23
jpkottai
in reply to: ToanDN

i can agree yours i need to cut there to avoid clashes to arch vs str  in this case arch file has stair STR file has framing even if i add the stringer there how can i avoid clashes there  if u know it plz let me know 

Message 14 of 23
jpkottai

jpkottai_0-1689660514515.png

see like this clashes i have to solve it let me know have any other way to avoid clashes 

the client need boq for structural framing too 

Message 15 of 23
barthbradley

I don't understand the design intent, but my understanding was that you wanted to cut the balusters at an angle at the stairs. If so, I'm doubly confounded by all the base offsets built into the Railing Types' Baluster Patterns. I'm thinking they were your attempts to find a workaround.  

Try this workaround. No base offsets and balusters are constrained at top and bottom to "reference" rails defined under Rail Structure. 

Railing Baluster Base Offset 1.pngRailing Baluster Base Offset 2.png

Message 16 of 23
barthbradley

one more...

play with these height values to control where cut is made (essentially the baluster "offset"):   

Railing Baluster Base Offset 3.png

Message 17 of 23
jpkottai

yeah thanks for ur effort really thank you so much and did u c that above post i have to avoid clashes with STR and ARCH 

Message 18 of 23
barthbradley

Get rid of the kickers and there's no clashes.  So, the issue is not the balusters.  My revised railing works fine. 

Clash1.pngClash2a.pngClash2.pngClash2b.png

Clash3.pngClash4.png

Message 19 of 23
barthbradley

Change the Kicker Plate Height and edit the sketch to shorten it slightly. 

Kicker1.pngKicker2.png

Then figure out how to resolve this one remaining clash:    

Kicker3.png

Message 20 of 23
jpkottai

can u plz send me this revit file bcz which sent one is not opening am using RVT 2017

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report