Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gridline Tangled?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
liz.apke
282 Views, 3 Replies

Gridline Tangled?

One of my gridlines, at one end of one floor, is somehow getting wrapped around itself when I click the break line to move the identifier bubble out of alignment. Anyone seen this happen before?

Before clicking break line (which is noticeably farther away from the bubble than normal):

lizapke_0-1653492054192.png

And after:

lizapke_1-1653492076336.pnglizapke_2-1653492152151.png

If I unlock the 3D extents, I can move the bottom right handle, but everything goes with it. If I change to 2D extents, I have no control to grab at that point and can't change it at all. I can't bring either of the other points out past the 3d control point. Changing the 3D extents control at the other end of the gridline has no productive effect.

This gridline breaks normally on both ends of the first, second, and roof plans. Only the 3rd floor is affected. It happens consistently in every 3rd floor plan, at the same end of the gridline. No other gridline in the project has this issue.

The gridline has the same 3D extents as all the others in the same orientation.

I have tried breaking the problem end before the non-problem end. Same result.

I can work around it for the foreseeable future, but it's a weird glitch I don't want causing problems somewhere down the road.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
barthbradley
in reply to: liz.apke

Reset 3D Extents fix? 

3D Extents.png

Message 3 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: liz.apke

Maybe change it to 2D extent first then add the elbow.

ToanDN_0-1653512997821.png

Message 4 of 4
liz.apke
in reply to: barthbradley

This did fix it, thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report