Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphic Overrides for interior elevation crop regions

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Sahay_R
5765 Views, 10 Replies

Graphic Overrides for interior elevation crop regions

It's on the Ideas Forum, also on the Dynamo Forums. Has anyone devised a hack for this that we don't know about yet? Please?

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
barthbradley
in reply to: Sahay_R

@Sahay_R: What do you mean? Change the lineweight of the crop boundary (e.g. Select, Right-Click, Override...)? 

Message 3 of 11
Sahay_R
in reply to: barthbradley

A better alternative to that, @barthbradley. Something that doesn't involve API or Dynamo, which do not give enough control....

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite

Message 4 of 11
barthbradley

Sorry @Sahay_R, but I'm still not understanding. What is it that Dynamo does that cannot be done otherwise? 

Message 5 of 11
Sahay_R

Curiosity, @barthbradley. Something that can be done prior to the masses getting educated.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

I think it has to do with Dynamo being able to override the crop regions to all specified internal elevations at once in seconds. The manual way is to select them one by one to override.

I don't know of another way to do this on mass.
@Sahay_R, how come you prefer not use Dynamo? Once the script is written, all you have to do is use the dynamo player. Is there some other control you are looking for?
Message 7 of 11
Sahay_R
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous for me on my own - yes, Dynamo works. For the organization - it's gonna be a struggle....

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite

Message 8 of 11
FAIR59

Without using API or Dynamo, the best solution would be to use a SelectionSet for the crop regions of the interior elevations.

You'd have to add the crop regions manually to the selectionset ( not foolproof ), then you can use a filter / view template to override the lines.

Message 9 of 11
kaylinnn

Hi there! 

A little late to this convo, but I also was looking for a better solution to Dynamo and I think I found a workaround. In Revit 2023 you can right-click on the crop region and "Select all instances in entire project". Then you can right-click again and override graphics in view to the line weight/style you want. 

I think this would still require a little cleanup if you want the line weights to show in one view type but not others. For example, we show crop region line weights in elevation but hide crop regions on enlarged plans. This could be solved by turning the crop regions off in the enlarged plan view templates though. Hope that helps! 

Message 10 of 11
amartinCMDVK

Also late, but this one has been a problem for over a decade.  Why do we have to override or use add-ins?  Crop lines should be in the annotation graphics dialogue or part of object styles.  Currently we add a filled region "frame" to every single  interior elevation and drag all four edges of each elevation just to get a clean borderline.

Message 11 of 11
diasSUMWQ
in reply to: kaylinnn

This would be a perfect solution, but it's not working for me. I can select all the interior crop regions but when I override the lines it only changes the first one I selected. 😞

I tried saving the selection and it still doesn't work. I guess I'll have to figure it out in Dynamo...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

State of Sustainability Webinar

Autodesk Design & Make Report