Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GENERIC ANNOTATIONS

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
tstewart
1104 Views, 12 Replies

GENERIC ANNOTATIONS

How to create a Hexagonal Generic Annotation symbol for a Note Block?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
ToanDN
in reply to: tstewart

Do you want it to appear in the Note Block schedule?  If so, create an image of the symbol and assign it to Image or Type Image field in the schedule.

Message 3 of 13
syman2000

So you want the hexagonal to show up in the schedule? Usually you can use image. However image takes a lot work to achieve this. The other option I use is leave one column blank and then create legend with the hexagonal generic annotation and superimpose the legend on top of the schedule.

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 4 of 13
tstewart
in reply to: ToanDN

How to create image w/ "Tag, Text & Sheet." (similar to video - Annotate-Detail Line, etc.)?
Message 5 of 13
tstewart

The hex is not in the Legend, just pointing w/leader to referenced items (i.e., Demolish ex. door/jamb, etc.).

Message 6 of 13
tstewart

I'm not getting this. How to make a Generic Annotation for a Note Block? I've watched the video, received replies from the "community" and tried many, many times to make this Gen. Anno and it's not working.
Message 7 of 13
syman2000

When you create Note block schedule, you want to select the symbol name

syman2000_0-1643745134981.png

This is where you can add parameters or use the existing field.

syman2000_1-1643745180568.png

Once you have the list created, this is where you combine both the generic annotation and schedule on sheet

syman2000_2-1643745676472.png

Message 8 of 13
tstewart
in reply to: syman2000

THANK YOU AND IT WORKED! I was trying to do it together rather than separate functions.

Message 9 of 13
tstewart

I spoke too soon. My Note Block Schedule doesn't have all of the "NB" Families loaded (i.e., Generic Anno Finish Tag). where can I find them to load?

Message 10 of 13
syman2000

Those were custom tags. So here is the block which you can use.

Message 11 of 13
mwtiner

does anyone know of a way to find which note block an existing schedule is reporting?

example would be an existing note block in a link file we want to determine what object/family they where scheduling to match it.

Message 12 of 13
ToanDN
in reply to: mwtiner

@mwtiner wrote:

does anyone know of a way to find which note block an existing schedule is reporting?

example would be an existing note block in a link file we want to determine what object/family they where scheduling to match it.

You can select a row, Highlight in Model, let Revit open up a view with the symbol selected, then you will know what it is.

Message 13 of 13
mwtiner

Thank you, the trees got in the way of the forest on that simple solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report