Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geforce vs Quadro

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
18880 Views, 14 Replies

Geforce vs Quadro

Hello guys,
Would you please advice me which is better between Geforce Gtx 1070i vs Quadro P4000 or P5000 ? This Video card is going to use for architectural rendering & animation purposes (revit, cad, vray, lumion)
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Better is relative. A Quadro is supposedly more stable but costs a lot of money. A GeForce of comparable or better performance cost way less. I personally have no stability issues with a GeForce GTX per se.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Ok thanks for your sharing opinion 🙂
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous

I did a comparison years ago between a GTX and Quadro and they were neck and neck for all the tests.  The Quadro was a bit better in 2D benchmarks but the GTX ran circles around the Quadro in 3D apps.

BTW, you mention Lumion.  Look at their suggestions...I believe they recommend GTX/Radeon cards over Quadro as well.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

Thanks for your input, you got the point... so, i’ll get the gtx for both revit and lumion 🙂
Message 6 of 15
Viveka_CD

Hi @Anonymous

Depending on the version of Revit you will use - check this page for certified graphics cards

Regards,

Message 7 of 15
Simon_Weel

Most of uur Revit machines have either a Quadro K1200 or P1000. Fine for modeling work. We also use Enscape and a Oculus Rift for VR-experience. Then those Quadro's don't cut the mustard at all - way too slow. So we put a GeForce 1080 in one machine and now the VR-experience is as smooth as a baby's bottom..
Message 8 of 15
johanwall
in reply to: Simon_Weel

I'm in the process of evaluating if we need to buy a new laptop for our VR kit. The Quadro M2200 performance in our current machine is very poor. So comments from people with hands-on experience helps a lot, thanks @Simon_Weel! I will definitely recommend that we go for at least a GTX 1080.

J. Wall

Architect

www.johanwall.com

Message 9 of 15

I benchmarked my MSI with a Quadro P4200 against my Z800 with an RX580. The Revit Render was all pretty much done on the CPU, not the GPU

https://technexus.com.au/index.php/2019/01/20/benchmarking-my-pcs/

The Z800 being a 12-core Xeon, it faired better than the WS63.

Message 10 of 15
dgorsman
in reply to: johanwall

@johanwall wrote:

I'm in the process of evaluating if we need to buy a new laptop for our VR kit. The Quadro M2200 performance in our current machine is very poor. So comments from people with hands-on experience helps a lot, thanks @Simon_Weel! I will definitely recommend that we go for at least a GTX 1080.

Comparing a Kepler series or P1000 against a GTX 1080 isn't an even match.  You should seriously consider one of the newer RTX models for future proofing.  Just keep in mind a laptop will likely have some limits on what it can handle, and more hardware may not help that much.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 11 of 15
amg.monaco

RTX has clear limitation if you run big project. quadro might suit for it.

Message 12 of 15
Simon_Weel
in reply to: amg.monaco

@amg.monaco wrote:

RTX has clear limitation if you run big project. quadro might suit for it.

What limitations might that be? Our latest machines sport a GeForce RTX2080 and we do have some pretty large projects. No problem so far....

Message 13 of 15

I currently run a pretty large project on LT version, it started to go slow when I decided to add some vegetations and trees (now the file is 174Mo). I run an RTX 2070 Max-Q my laptop, and I was wondering whether there was a way to improve the 3D view performances. I guess it'd be better with a Quadro card, but of course, I use Twinmotion for rendering :')

Is there any way to get smoother browsing in 3D view with an RTX? When you exceed a certain file weight, because it runs flawlessly in other (smaller) models

Message 14 of 15

I personally think RTX 2070 is good enough for 3D works, what’s the RAM capacity of your PC, Sometimes when there is not sufficient RAM, it slows. Also the storage socket type matters if you have large file to read and wright regularly between the RAM and the storage

Message 15 of 15
EATREVITPOOPCAD

So at work I have an Nvidia RTX A5000 (I think costs close to $3000) which is a bit expensive and at home, I have a 2015 Nvidia Geforce Titan X Pascal which I bought used for $500 and I'll be honest... I am impressed with the Titan X  and I think I will be using for a long time. So kind of like with cars, if you have a budget for a brand new Hyundai or a used Lexus, the used Lexus may be a better choice for you, I would look into premium used premium cards. At least it worked for me, just be careful not to get ones that been heavily used to mine cryptocurrencies 🤣

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report