Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Furniture showing different outlines

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
claudiakopietz
938 Views, 10 Replies

Furniture showing different outlines

hello there,

we have a project where the furniture, casework and plumbing elements from a linked model are showing with different outline colours on different floor plans. see image attached (one is white and another one is grey halftone as we need).

-this is only happening on the linked model

-we are linking the model per linked view

-the linked model is showing halftone on all floor plans but when linked if changes

- the families are the same

- view template is the same

-VV settings are the same for all elements.

any clue what can be happening?

Many thanks

Claudia

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
RDAOU
in reply to: claudiakopietz

@claudiakopietz 

1. Check view Discipline
  2. Check Filters (Rule based view Filters and Phase filters)
  3. Go to visibility graphics and Check if link is set to Underlay / Halftone

RDAOU_0-1645618700925.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 11
claudiakopietz
in reply to: RDAOU

no they are not ticked.

I tried playing around with all the settings maximum I can do is to change for a really light colour that does not show properly in the plan.

I tried ticking the halftone just for the furniture in the custom settings in the view template does not work as well... tried to clear overrides and apply halftone does not work as well.

is just strange because is just 2 floor plans and all of them have the same view template with the same settings!

Message 4 of 11

LachlanJWP_0-1645657319277.png

Check that the elements you are having trouble with have their settings included in the view template.

Does the linked model use a view template for the plan views? It may have slight differences in colour overrides applied...

Message 5 of 11
syman2000

What is the phase filter set to? Also do you set your discipline as Architecture or Coordination?

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 6 of 11
RDAOU

@claudiakopietz 

That is one of the 3 mentioned possibilities in the previous reply!! Did you check the rest?

1. Check Phase Filters (set to show complete and make sure that filter shows new/existing by Category)
  2. View Discipline?? In main model and link if the Display of the latter is set to By:Link
  3. View Filters?? under visibility graphics in the main model (also check filters applied in the link it is set to display by Link.

Alternatively, Attach or DM a link to the model to check it and suggest accordingly

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 7 of 11
claudiakopietz
in reply to: syman2000

both are a NIA floor plan using the same template and same settings. and we set as Architectural for the discipline.

Message 8 of 11

this is an NIA plan using the same view template for both views! I have stated that in my description 😉

we ticked off the Revit link overrides in the view template as we need to link the views by the link view per floor.
Message 9 of 11
claudiakopietz

I have checked all this you are suggesting is the first thing I have done! The plans use the same settings because they use the same view template the only difference between them is because we are linking views by Link! but in the main model of the linked model all is fine is just when linking and applying the area color scheme that changes the line colors for the furniture.
Message 10 of 11
RDAOU

@claudiakopietz 

Color scheme is set to background of foreground?! 

If it is set to foreground it can cause that effect (lines appear like washed off halftone).

Message 11 of 11

I think @RDAOU was on the right track with Underlay settings. Try seeing if changing the Underlay settings to uncheck Apply Halftone. See if that makes a difference in your view. If not, ignore what i said.

curtisridenour_0-1646678904686.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report