Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floor opening

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bozandilistan
2457 Views, 4 Replies

Floor opening

Hello,

I want to cut my floor but not whole height. my floor thickness is 200 cm and i just want to cut the top of for 150 cm. so it can be seen 50cm floor at base. do i have to create another floor for it into cutout? or is there a way to do it with opening tools?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: bozandilistan

Don't use Floor Opening tool.  Use a void to cut your floor so that you can control the depth.  It can be an in-place model or a loadable family (floor based, face based, non host... any will do).

Capture.PNG

Message 3 of 5
totharq
in reply to: ToanDN

If you have this trench in an slope floor. How to solve that ? De void family should have a slope of 0,5% percent in the length? Which family is beter in this case

@ToanDN wrote:

Don't use Floor Opening tool.  Use a void to cut your floor so that you can control the depth.  It can be an in-place model or a loadable family (floor based, face based, non host... any will do).

Capture.PNG

Message 4 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: totharq

@totharq wrote:

If you have this trench in an slope floor. How to solve that ? De void family should have a slope of 0,5% percent in the length? Which family is beter in this case

A trench created as a face based family will follow the slope of the host.  Or do you want a sloped trench in a flat floor?

Capture.PNG

Message 5 of 5

@ToanDN Could you share this family, please? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators