Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filters, filled regions and colour schemes...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Keith_Wilkinson
1246 Views, 2 Replies

Filters, filled regions and colour schemes...

Before I stick this over in the idea forum I just want to be sure I'm not missing something.

Please see the image below - the section of roof on the left has been coloured using a filter and VG overrides.  When this is applied the pattern of the roof is lost as 'solid fill' has to be used.  This is a problem if the pattern is also being used for informative purposes.  Perhaps a better example of this would be a ceiling where you want to colour types but keep the tile grid.

The section of roof on the right has a filled region applied to it and with this there is a the option to make the background transparent thus keeping the fill pattern, but this isn't a great solution as the region is essentially a separate object that requires manual updating.

so am i missing something here?

(btw I'm not looking for a workaround, I have one of those already).

2017-02-17_12-17-19.png

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dzanta
in reply to: Keith_Wilkinson

I think it would be logical and nice to have a type property parameter for shading the roof similar to coarse fill region or allow the fill region to be not just coarse but medium and fine as well.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 3 of 3
RDAOU
in reply to: Keith_Wilkinson

@Keith_Wilkinson

Im not sure I got this right... you are suggesting to split the option of solid fill from cut patterns?

the same issue with the walls/floors and all system families  when one wants them (when cut) to be solid filled red + a crosshatch pattern as well one needs to go through material! Cuz the solid fill being a cut patterns is useless lol

if that is the case... put it in and i vote it up 🙂 many colleagues at the office would to

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report