Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter doesn't function correctly when the main language of Revit change

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
damhuyensa
231 Views, 2 Replies

Filter doesn't function correctly when the main language of Revit change

Hello everyone,

In my office, we use both French and English version of Revit and we stumble upon a little bug : If a filter were created in English version, when the same file being opened by a French version of Revit, that filter won't function anymore (ex: A hidden section mark will become visible, etc). Do you know if there's any workaround for this issue ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
RDAOU
in reply to: damhuyensa

@damhuyensa 

When the components are SYSTEM components (ie: sections/elevations/basic walls...etc) AND if the filter is uses a condition which is a language based nomenclature .. it will not work. Instead use a boolean, the comment, Description or a user defined text parameter

Example: if in a Filter that uses Family Name parameter to override walls in a view and the condition used is Contains:

• if the value is "wall" it will work in the English version
  • opening the same in the french version or the German version it will not work...because the system family name in those versions changes (Mur or Wand)

You need to update the filter

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 3
damhuyensa
in reply to: RDAOU

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I see the workaround as I read your answer : instead of define the condition of filter by using the system name that changes between language, it should be defined by the name of type that we name ourself and that is unchanged between language system.

I tested and it worked great. Many thanks for the insight.

Have a great day !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators