Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Face Based Family Annotations Reversed

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
erin.card
943 Views, 6 Replies

Face Based Family Annotations Reversed

I upgraded a couple projects to Revit 2023, and everything is working great EXCEPT that it appears that all my switch annotations are now backwards.   My switches are face-based (they don't always go on walls in my projects) lighting devices with annotation symbols embedded.   Doesn't matter if I place a new switch or copy it or whatever, the annotation is backwards.  

While yes, I can go into my family and just mirror the annotation so it shows up correctly on the plans, I'd like to figure out why it happened in the first place.   See attached images.  Since I cant change their titles, one shows the revit family hosted on the wall, one (mostly gray) shows the annotation in the family itself, and the other shows the annotation setting of the family.  

**Edit** Accepted a "solution" but it's really more of a work-around for what I consider a bug in Revit 2023.

Labels (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
barthbradley
in reply to: erin.card

Open the Nested Annotation Family and tick the checkbox next to keep readable. Reload into Host and then Reload Host into Project. Then in the Project use Spacebar Rotate and Flip Work Plane as necessary to fix the already placed ones that you messed with.  

Message 3 of 7
ToanDN

Share the family.

Message 4 of 7
erin.card

Wasn't sure if you wanted the annotation shared (which it says shared annotations cannot be used in 3d model families) or upload the family to share here, so I did the latter.  😛    The switch family itself is a shared family.  

Message 5 of 7
ToanDN

Press space bar twice to flip it?

ToanDN_0-1652489640619.png

Message 6 of 7
erin.card
in reply to: ToanDN

That does indeed work but doesn’t necessarily the problem.  And only works on this family, where my 120v version has the origin at the bottom since our house electricians measure to the bottom of the box.  I’d rather load a mirrored annotation into the family to “fix” all of them then have to flip all my instances.  😅

Message 7 of 7
ToanDN

@erin.card wrote:

That does indeed work but doesn’t necessarily the problem.  And only works on this family, where my 120v version has the origin at the bottom since our house electricians measure to the bottom of the box.  I’d rather load a mirrored annotation into the family to “fix” all of them then have to flip all my instances.  😅

I see.  Then just edit the family and mirror the symbol.  Below they were placed without flipping.

ToanDN_0-1652490115368.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report