Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extrusion or blend to a point

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
sed0704
2457 Views, 6 Replies

Extrusion or blend to a point

Hi,

I'm trying to create an extrusion or a blend that converges any shape to a point, like a pyramid or cone, but with an irregular base. Is there a way to do it? Specifically in the family environment.

something like thissomething like this

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
aRcHiTeCt.JM
in reply to: sed0704

... the closest will be with a solid blend

.... but cannot end in a point

... will be more like the same shape but really tiny

Picture1.png

aRcHiTeCt.JM

REVIT EXPERT ELITE
➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ is it working for you ? ➪ ⇩ 'Accept as solution' ⇩ ⇦

Message 3 of 7
aRcHiTeCt.JM

..... here is the rvt file to take a look...

aRcHiTeCt.JM

REVIT EXPERT ELITE
➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ is it working for you ? ➪ ⇩ 'Accept as solution' ⇩ ⇦

Message 4 of 7
sed0704
in reply to: aRcHiTeCt.JM

Thanks. That's the workaround I ended up adopting, using a tiny circle, but your idea gives better results.

I'm gonna leave the question up till tomorrow, in case someone knows an actual way to do it.

Message 5 of 7
barthbradley

Another approach would be to sculpt it. In other words, use cutting voids to shape it to a point, instead of  to a "tiny circle".  This is the method that is used to create the Pyramid shaped Mass Family (Pyramid.rfa)  that comes out of the box with Revit.  Check it out. It's in the Library's Mass Folder.  But, personally, I would use a sweep blend with a tiny circle (or inscribed polygon) -- not less than 1/32" diameter.  

Message 6 of 7
ToanDN

If you don't need a solid then you can build it using a mass or an adaptive family with surfaces.

Capture.PNG

Message 7 of 7
sed0704

Thanks all. The other methods are too cumbersome, so I'm gonna go with @aRcHiTeCt.JM's solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report