Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exterior Render Black and Windows

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Jim_BIM
164 Views, 3 Replies

Exterior Render Black and Windows

Hey all,

I am trying to produce some renders in Revit before I use cloud render but I am a little bit concerned that in the local renders for Exterior night views the windows appear black when we expect them to show lights from inside. I have from a previous question enabled the use of Interior Lighting which worked for the lighting in interior renders but for exterior it seems pitch dark inside like no lights at all.

Tried the render with both all possible combinations Interior Artificial / Exterior artificial  / Exterior Sun + Artificial / Interior Sun + Artificial / Sun only. All the same 

Any thoughts or ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RDAOU
in reply to: Jim_BIM

@Jim_BIM 

Open any other 3D or elevation and check if windows are actually transparent

If they are not:

1. Check the glass material and make sure it is transparent 
  2. If glass material is transparent; double check the family and make sure that the opening cut is set to Transparent in both 3D and Elevations

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 4
RDAOU
in reply to: Jim_BIM

@Jim_BIM 

Watch below GIF... there are a couple of other reasons but mat and opening cut are the most common. 

Non-Transparent Windows.gif

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 4 of 4
Jim_BIM
in reply to: RDAOU

Perfect it works and thank  you for the recorded steps. I was confused where the opening transparency option was.

Jim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report