Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Finishes from Revit

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ttaylor47TR5
159 Views, 1 Reply

Exporting Finishes from Revit

Hi All,

I'm a 3D designer that usually has to convert Revit files to SketchUp for my clients - and I've been doing it with the DWG to SKP method for 7 years now.  Export as an ACIS model and truck along cleaning stuff up.  Finishes has always been the tricky thing because, as far as I know, the only way to pull finishes is through the schedule and then manually hunting them down - because Revit exports to colors and hatches, not actual usable finish maps.

When Architects say "the finishes are in the model" I usually have to correct the project manager because they don't ever request a finish schedule from either their team or their internal Revit user.  

So I guess I'm asking officially.  Is there a way to export something like a JPEG from Revit that can be used in SketchUp - 1:1 Finishes?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
syman2000
in reply to: ttaylor47TR5

I tried the FBX export. It seems to only work when import that into 3ds max but not other software. These day I've use Lumion export as DAE format and use Sketchup Universal Importer to import the model with texture map.

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators