Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exported model groups loading with unwanted floors and levels

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
_deitch
484 Views, 4 Replies

Exported model groups loading with unwanted floors and levels

We have a project in which our unit layouts are organized as model groups. When groups are saved, floors that are not part of the group keep getting exported. I've done the following:

-Disallow wall joins

-Turn off floors in the view template

-Verified that families are workplane-based

-Ungrouped, deleted the group from the project, then copy/pasted elements in place and re-grouped.

How should we be grouping elements before export in order to exclude the floors and levels?MicrosoftTeams-image.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: _deitch

This I got to see to believe.  Post a file with with this problem child. 

Message 3 of 5
_deitch
in reply to: barthbradley

This is one of the problem unit files. Some of the unit groups have exported without the floor being included, and I'm working my way through the families to see if there's something hosting to the floor.

Message 4 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: _deitch

Indeed very weird.  I can replicate it.  But if I change the floor to another one, all is right as rain. 

Message 5 of 5
_deitch
in reply to: barthbradley

Solved! We did three things that seem to work consistently:

-Set floors to not display

-Set all model group walls to unconnected

-Cut/copy all group elements to the clipboard, then Paste>Aligned to Selected Levels> paste to reference level

That breaks any association between the group and non-group elements. When this is done, the groups can be saved and then linked into the project without extra levels and floors.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report