Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expert Advice: Revit and Other Autodesk Products Performance on a 16-inch MacBook Pro with M2 Chip

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
jordan.roesch1
516 Views, 0 Replies

Expert Advice: Revit and Other Autodesk Products Performance on a 16-inch MacBook Pro with M2 Chip

Dear Autodesk Revit Forum Members,

I am seeking expert guidance regarding the performance of Autodesk products on my recently purchased 16-inch MacBook Pro with a 12-Core CPU, 19-Core GPU, 16GB Unified Memory, and 512GB SSD Storage. My primary objective is to utilise this computer for intensive computing tasks within the Architecture, Engineering & Construction Collection, specifically Revit (including generative design), 3ds Max, AutoCAD, Inventor, Fusion 360, Maya, and BIM.

At the time of purchase, I was unaware that Revit, 3ds Max, and Inventor are only available on Mac via virtualised environments such as Parallels Desktop and VMware Fusion, with Bootcamp not being an option for the M series processor.

Given this situation, I am concerned about potential performance limitations when running Revit on my MacBook Pro. If these limitations are significant, I am prepared to switch to a Windows-based system, as my priority is optimal performance with Autodesk products. In that case, I would appreciate any recommendations for the best laptops to run the aforementioned Autodesk products with optimal performance.

However, if the performance drop on a Mac is not considerable, I would be grateful for any advice on how to optimise my MacBook Pro for use with the mentioned products.

Thank you in advance for your invaluable insights.

Kind regards,

Jordan

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators