Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing Phase

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2248 Views, 4 Replies

Existing Phase

I have a drawing, and when i set phase to Existing, none of the existing elements show up. Phase filter is set to show existing. I didn't create this drawing, so i'm wondering if a setting was changed somewhere that i'm not thinking of.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Set the phase filter to show All.  Show existing (or previous) only show what built before the Existing phase.  It's all relative if you know what I mean.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

omgish, that is embarrassingly obvious. thank you! i knew it was something silly i wasn't thinking of. 

Message 4 of 5
chrisplyler
in reply to: Anonymous

Don't feel bad. Took me a bit to wrap my head around the concept back when I was learning how phasing worked in Revit. Once you get it, it seems obvious, but before you get it, it's confusing.

Message 5 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: chrisplyler

That's why I change all the Phase Filters name to never reference a particular Phase to avoid confusions.  I was fed when folks in the office asking why New elements didn't show even the existing view set to Show New.  

What I have now:

Phases:

- Existing

- Phase 1

- Phase n

Filters:

- Show All (cannot change)

- Show All as As-built (for existing plans)

- Show Previous + Demo (for demo plans)

- Show Previous + Current (for new plans)

- Show Complete

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report