Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude Options Command in Revit 2017

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Scary99
5542 Views, 4 Replies

Exclude Options Command in Revit 2017

I am new to Revit. I am trying to extend the exterior siding down to cover the floor joists. I have followed the example in my text book and everything works fine until I get to the part that says "uncheck EXCLUDE OPTIONS located on the lower right of the status bar". I have yet to find anything on the quick access bar or ribbon that indicates this command. Apparently there must be something to it because I cannot change the "Base Extension Distance" in the properties pallette when I pick on a wall to modify. Anyone know what EXCLUDE OPTIONS does and where it is located ?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Scary99

"Exclude options" is a toggle option that appears close to the lower right corner of the Revit screen, as the book says. But, what you did not say (or maybe what the book does not say?) is that this toggle appears only when a Design Option exists. Is the exercise that you are following related to the topic of Design Options?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5
Scary99
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks for your quick response. As I said, I am new to Revit and not computer literate as many people are. I am not sure if I am in a Design Option. To give you some specifics I am trying to extend the exterior siding down to cover the floor joists. I used a section of the exterior wall and followed the text book by Refining the Walls. I picked on the wall and used the Edit Feature to Modify by unlocking the bottom edge of the siding and insulation board. The next step is to go back to the first floor plan and pick the walls and then uncheck the EXCLUDE OPTIONS command. When I go to the lower right of the screen I see the Filter icon. This comes up in a window showing I have selected 13 walls and the box is checked. Is the Exclude Options and Filter the same thing ?  Thanks for your patience.
Larry Tucker 
Message 4 of 5
chrisplyler

They are not the same thing.

The Design Options functionality within Revit is a specific set of features that let you turn on or off model elements that you have designated as being part of an option...such as if you have two alternate elevations on the front of your home, or something like that.

It shouldn't have anything to do with unlocking and modifying the height of a wall layer. I suspect the book you are working on had some text moved into the wrong place during the edit/layout stage of production. Design Options should have it's own chapter. If you're just learning about modifying walls, ignore that bit about Design Options.

Message 5 of 5
ben9QP8H

Sometimes a picture paints a thousand words.

ben9QP8H_0-1615819710671.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report