Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1603 - Site Designer 2017 Installation

30 REPLIES 30
SOLVED
Message 1 of 31
logiciels.divers
5261 Views, 30 Replies

Error 1603 - Site Designer 2017 Installation

Hello,

My log from installation (subscription acconunt) : 

2016/6/17:12:21:34 Pascal PBU-PC Installing Autodesk® Revit® Site Designer 2017: INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\" ADSK_EULA_STATUS=#1 MUILANG=fr-fr SETUP_PACKAGENAME="Autodesk Revit Site Designer 2017" SETUP_PACKAGECODE={AF5D8E5B-2359-4FF1-A160-6348651ACDF1} SETUP_UNINSTALLKEYS=1 SETUP_ISLANGUAGEPACK=0 SETUP_PRODUCTDEPENDENCIES=";;;;" ADSK_SOURCE_ROOT="C:\Autodesk\Revit_SiteDesigner_2017_dlm\" FILESINUSETEXT="" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ADSK_SETUP_EXE=1

2016/6/17:12:21:37 Pascal PBU-PC Install Autodesk® Revit® Site Designer 2017 Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

No dependencies.

Can you help me ?

Thanks

30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31

Error 1603 is a generic Windows error code and simply means something went wrong:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/834484

I would go through some general diagnostics steps that you can for any installations with a 1603 error:

Make sure you have full Local admin rights

Turn off your antivirus during the install

Close any open programs

Make sure there are no Window updates pending installation or waiting on a reboot

Also please see this Autodesk webpage, Its for Inventor but it pretty much applies to any Autodesk install:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcartic...

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find this post helpful, please LIKE.
If you have solved you issue please mark as ACCEPTED SOLUTION so other forum users can see how to fix this issue.

Follow me on Twitter / Follow me on Linkedin / Blog
Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
in reply to: markcalloway

I have the same problem. I tried all the suggestions as mentioned in the knowledgebase of microsoft or autodesk. No result.

I have the problem on two different computers. Perhabs an bug?

Message 4 of 31
2MAY
in reply to: Anonymous

I have the same problem of installation.

I've tried several times, following instructions, on different PC using either Win XP or Windows 10.

Nothing concluant.

Too bad 😞

The other updates or complement for Revit are installing perfeclty well, however.

Message 5 of 31
LUCIOGOMESMACHADO
in reply to: 2MAY

Same problem

Message 6 of 31
mz-bpa
in reply to: logiciels.divers

Same Problem on serval PC's...

Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
in reply to: mz-bpa

So it installed just fine for me, but I installed it before I installed SP1.

Message 8 of 31
markcalloway

I have done some testing and I have had no issues installing Site Designer.

I have tried without the serviced pack and with service pack 1 installed and Site Designer installed with no errors (Windows 7 Pro x64).

I still suspect that it will be something else on your computers preventing it from installing.

Anyone new to the thread I would recommend that you do the following quick steps to see if this helps:

• Have full local admin rights
  • Turn off Antivirus
  • Turn UAC off
  • Browser download of Revit Site Designer 2017

Failing this here are a few other recommendations:

1.Uninstall Revit

2.Uninstall all Microsoft .Net Framework

3.Uninstall all Microsoft Visual C++

4.Reisntall Revit

5.Now try install Site Design 2017 under the conditions recommended above.

Make sure to run Windows updates after this to install any .net Framework & Visual C++ updates.

If this still fails try with a clean uninstall of all your Autodesk software:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/installation-activation-licensing/get-ready/remove-p...

I would also recommend that you scan your computer for viruses or malware which could be preventing Site Designer from Installing, Malwarebytes and Spybot are two scanners that come to mind.

If you are still having issue then we need to try and identify what everyone has in common with this issue. Please can you post the following:

Error log (just like in the original post)

Operating System

Operating system service pack

Antivirus

Do you have just Revit or Building Design Suite

Any additional information you think might be relevant

As I cant reproduce this issue I cant try to fix it but I might be able to make suggestions based on what you post.

If anyone manages to fix this even if you don't know how please let us know.

________________________________________________________________________________
If you have solved you issue please mark as ACCEPTED SOLUTION so other forum users can see how to fix this issue.

Message 9 of 31
Anonymous

I tried the same after i made an clean install. But also before installing SP1 the problem remains
Message 10 of 31

Hi Mark Calloway,

Maybe the problem is the OS

Here Windows 10 Pro x64

Message 11 of 31
Anonymous

Hi Mark,

I tried all the things you suggested including removing visual c++ etc. The problem is still there.

My operating system is Windows 10 x64. I use Sophos anti virus.

All the other updates of autodesk do not have a problem.

See my log-file

Beste regards, Pieter

Message 12 of 31

Hi all,

I have the same issue on several PCs running German Windows 7. The installation to a computer with English operating system succeeds. So I guess it has to do with the localized Windows. The error log tells me: "Failed to get SID for account: everyone. CustomAction ExecSecureObjects_64 returned actual error code 1603."

I sent a request to the Autodesk support but did not get a helpful answer till now. If I will get a solution I will post it here.

Message 13 of 31

Hello,

same error on several PC's under windows 10 x64.

Thx

Message 14 of 31
christian
in reply to: sebastien

Hi all !

There is bug with the installer (Autodesk is aware of this problem and should correct it soon)

The problem is that the installer is searching a windows user Group called "everyone" which does not exist in localized versions of Windows

Just create it and the installation should work

Best regards

Message 15 of 31
yanni2005_3
in reply to: christian

Thank you very much christian; its working !!!
Message 16 of 31
Anonymous
in reply to: christian

Can you tell me how to make a new windows user group?

Thkx!

Message 17 of 31
christian

Message 18 of 31
markcalloway

Hi,

For anyone wanting to know how to create a new local user on your computer please follow the instructions on this Microsoft guide:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/13951/windows-create-user-account

When choosing the name of the user please call it "everyone"

Message 19 of 31
Anonymous

Hello everybody, problem is now solved for me too.Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 31

Dear all,

as promised, this is the answer from the Autodesk Support: "Here is the recommended resolution to your case: Please create the user 'everyone'. To resolve this issue, you need to add the group 'everyone' in the 'Computer Management' console."

I wonder why Autodesk does not correct the setup. They published lots of setups in the past that run well. They know how to do it.

Regards

Thilo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report