Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equivalent in Revit to Cad measure with aligned blocks

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JML_Mela
337 Views, 3 Replies

Equivalent in Revit to Cad measure with aligned blocks

Hello all,

We have a really complex project, I know how to do it in CAD but I am not able to do it in Revit...

I need to allocate and align a certain family every X cm following a curve. In cad is pretty easy, you just use measure, with a block, aligned, and you set the distance.

Thank you!

Mela

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
alan_eu
in reply to: JML_Mela

Hi @JML_Mela 

There´s no easy way to do that on Revit 😞

Meanwhile... I have some ideas for you...

1. You can use array polar ou rectangular to simple arcs or lines and just specify the distance between the objects;

2. In case that family is 2D, you can use repeating detail option and do that automatically...

3. You could put this family inside a curtain wall (panel family) or even a railing (baluster family) and draw your lines and curves. You can configure the distance between them.

4. Maybe a dynamo routine should do this easily

Alan Araújo EESignature
Bee1ColabInstagram Alan Araújo RevitBee1ColabGrupo Whatsapp

Usuários do Autodesk Community:
  • Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar como Solução! isso ajuda os outros usuários a encontrar rapidamente uma resposta e Curta se gostou 🙂
  • Manda um alô nas minhas redes sociais com +600 vídeos de de Revit/BIM, Templates e conteúdos semanais! Gratuitos! 🙂
Message 3 of 4
JML_Mela

Thank you Alan, at the end I have done a mass and divided it,  then I am filling it with a curtain profile.

Message 4 of 4
alan_eu

Please, show us your solution! 🙂 

That´s amazing how we have to be creative to get our work done efficiently.

We call this solution: Gambiarra (on Brazil) 🙂

Alan Araújo EESignature
Bee1ColabInstagram Alan Araújo RevitBee1ColabGrupo Whatsapp

Usuários do Autodesk Community:
  • Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar como Solução! isso ajuda os outros usuários a encontrar rapidamente uma resposta e Curta se gostou 🙂
  • Manda um alô nas minhas redes sociais com +600 vídeos de de Revit/BIM, Templates e conteúdos semanais! Gratuitos! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators