Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Energy Analysis panel missing - Revit 2017

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
eduard.bucsa
3931 Views, 14 Replies

Energy Analysis panel missing - Revit 2017

Hi,

I am using the Revit 2017 (student version). The problem is that there is no Energy Analysis Panel anywhere. I've checked the User Interface settings: <<Energy Analysis and tools>> is checked. The only thing that appears is the <Energy Optimization>>Panel (see picture attached). (I've closed the other discipline-based analytical tools, - ribbon too big to attach here as a photo.)

Can anyone help me with this? I've tried to look everywhere, and no answer/solution. I am using Revit for a few years already, as a student, so I am not new to this software. This never happened before.

Energy Analysis missing.png

Thank You!

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
dzanta
in reply to: eduard.bucsa

did you check the following location to ensure it is checked?....

a.jpg

also...check to ensure you have latest version of Revit (2017.1.1)

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 3 of 15
eduard.bucsa
in reply to: dzanta

Hi. 

Thanks for the response!

Yes, I triple checked that... And I have the version R 2017.1 as well. 

In the meantime ( this morning, to be more precise... ) I've found a fix. It seems that it is pretty common, and for about 1 month Autodesk posted a solution:

http://blogs.autodesk.com/insight360/hotfix-available-for-revit-2017-1/

Now it looks like this: 

Hotfix.JPG

What I understood from this, is that Autodesk merged the old Energy Analysis with this new service called "Insight", which is cloud-based. It looks pretty awesome!

It still doesn't look like the previous Energy Analysis Panel from earlier Revit versions, but as I said above, it seems that they moved that to a cloud-based service, Insight. I hope I got this right.

I hope this is useful info for everybody that has this problem.

Message 4 of 15
dzanta

you are correct...insight 360 was introduced to allow for energy analysis within the cloud for better range analysis checking.  You can still do an energy analysis of your model from within Revit if needed.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 5 of 15
apopp
in reply to: dzanta

I don't see the option to still do the Energy Analysis in 2017. It is still available in 2016. 

I am looking for a lot of the data that showed up in the energy analysis, such as Monthly heating and cooling loads, and the wind information. Is that available in Insight as well? If so, where is it?

Message 6 of 15
dzanta
in reply to: apopp

Go to Analyze Tab of the Ribbon, Energy Optimization Panel, choose Optimize to do energy analysis with Insight 360 in the cloud...choose Create Energy Model to create the energy model within Revit...choose Generate to create the energy model for use with Insight 360.

All energy data you are looking for should be within Insight 360 and in the results report.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

EESignature

Message 7 of 15
kem3

Thank you!!! I had this exact problem and the hotfix solved it.
Message 8 of 15
nilangshu.mukherjee
in reply to: kem3

Where can I find the result report of energy analysis in Revit. I know it got merged with Insight. But Insight is not giving a better report. SO can I get it from Revit? It will be extremely helpful if I can be answered. Thanks in advance

Message 9 of 15

Im having this same problem...does anyone know how you review the Revit analysis report (not in insight)

Message 10 of 15
dzanta
in reply to: kelmore

Use the command within the Analysis Tab of the Ribbon.  After the Generate Load report is complete, it will be a view within your Project Browser categorized under Reports called Report1.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

EESignature

Message 11 of 15

Dear EDuard.bucsa 

Do you know how can I show the results because after updated the sight I am not able to show the result or make a comparison.
Thanks

Message 12 of 15
dvjarami
in reply to: raaid.aldoury

Hi,

I am using Revit 2018 and I have access to the energy optimization tab.

Unfortunately in Revit 2016 there was a nice feature called Results and compare dialog... where is that now in the energy analyasis?

THanks!

Message 13 of 15
tnoonanJJWSQ
in reply to: dvjarami

I am having the same problem in 2017.  It seems with update 2.3 my results and compare selections are missing.  Is there a way to retrieve them? 

Message 14 of 15

Dear Tnoonan JJWSQ

you can just do uninstall to the update from the Revit 2017. If you could not you can reinstall the Revit and do not make update again. 

Best 

Message 15 of 15

Dear TanoonaJJWSQ

you can just do uninstall to the update if you could not you can reinstall Revir but do not download update again. 

Best 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report