Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elements - outlines different but same material

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
fortywebs
406 Views, 2 Replies

Elements - outlines different but same material

Hi,

I have made my own material called "grey", which have only one material in the buildup (just for planning drawings) and are duplicated to different thicknesses. The material is plaster and the cut fill is grey as shown. This is giving me grey elements in plan, elevation and section, and a hidden line look in 3D.

When I look at the section I have noticed the walls outline is thinner than the floor and roof elements - I want them all the same.

The materials browser in revit does not have outlines, it only controls the cut fill for this example.

In edit type there is no graphic visibility for these.

Where is the setting for the element outline thicknesses please?

fortywebs_0-1587566377225.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: fortywebs

Go to Manage, Object Styles, where you can control the section cut line weights for the different elements, such as floors and walls.

Message 3 of 3
barthbradley
in reply to: fortywebs

What it looks like to me, is that you have given some elements a solid-gray-colored Course Scale Fill/Color (not "Material") and are showing a Wireframe, Course Section view cutting through these elements.  AND! with Thin Lines turned OFF. 

Gray.png

Did I win? 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators