Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elements keep Moving

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
780 Views, 5 Replies

Elements keep Moving

I am spending most of my time repositioning elements such as walls, beams, especially dimensional lumber.  I pin them, lock them, but inevitably a wall has moved a 1/4" or beams have extended themselves.  What is the secret?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

If you change the wall type to a different thickness then it can affect the dimension depends on where you set the wall location line when you drew it.

Message 3 of 6
barthbradley

Sounds like I issue run into when Wall Justification has been ignored when placing walls.   That's where I would start clamping down.  

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

That could very well be the problem since I have never heard the term wall justification. What, where, and how do I attain this knowledge?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Understandable, but not the problem.
Message 6 of 6
Corsten.Au

HI

1. If you are sure about the distances between members, then you may dimension and lock the dimension to keep

them constraints.

you may see the constraints using ...

move-1.JPG

2.  Try not to use constraint while moving a group.. there is an option to Dis-join as well.

move.JPG

3. Thereare various tricks while moving things...

A. Use Underlay of levels which might get affected due to moving walls etc.

B. Move group, elements in 3D view where you are clearly see whats getting affected..

There are many different situations which requires just practice and making mistakes and correcting them in Revit ..

Best luck.

Corsten
Building Designer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report