Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical Switch Symbols Huge

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
HEVNBND
831 Views, 5 Replies

Electrical Switch Symbols Huge

Just getting started with Revit and If I add in say an Electrical Switch it is very large in the 2D view. I attached a screenshot.  As you can see in the picture the switch is larger than the light fixture. Revit Switch Symbol.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: HEVNBND

Use a large scale for the view.

Message 3 of 6
HEVNBND
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks. How do I do that?

Message 4 of 6
ToanDN

The view has a view template that sets the scale to 1/8" = 1'. You could set by the template to none and you can change the scale to 1/4" or whatever you need. However, the template is there for a reason. If you work with a team then talk to someone in charge of standards.

By the way, those symbols look normal for a 1/8" scale plan.

Message 5 of 6
barthbradley

FWIW: Symbols are annotative, just like Text.  When you use 1/8" Text Type, it is printed at 1/8" no matter what the View Scale.    

Create an Annotation Symbol Family | Revit 2021 | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Message 6 of 6
s.borello

Because the switches are annotative... lights are not.  Try changing the scale of your view to 1/4" as @ToanDN suggests.  You could edit the anno switch family and make it smaller, but I would not do that... your symbols look fine by the way for an 1/8" scaled drawing. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators